Last Easter, Ben was a mere 5 months old. He was just learning to sit up on his own and was pretty content with everything. I loaded him up and off we went to meet the Easter Bunny. He didn't seem to even notice who I handed him to....even though it was a 8 plus foot white bunny. He sat in complete contentment cradled in the furry arms of a giant bunny.
(Christmas rolled around and at 13 months, Ben was the COMPLETE opposite as he met Santa. Tears and cries were louder than the Christmas carols!)
So, this Easter, I went in to the situation expecting the same.....tears and cries. Well, at 16 months, our Ben grinned when he saw the Easter Bunny. I approached with the utmost caution, sat him in the lap of a 8 plus foot bunny and slowly backed away. Instead of cries and screams and tears, we got calmness and smiles and giggles. He just loved the bunny! After we got the perfect picture and were about to leave, Ben runs back over to the Bunny and climbs back up in his lap. He just couldn't have been happier.
What a nice start to the Easter celebration!!
No comments:
Post a Comment