Friday, April 13, 2012

Our Pink World

Yesterday, our world changed to the color pink. 
At 5:15, Marc and I arrived at St Vincents and in a mere 2 hours, I was being readied for the arrival of our little girl.  With Ben, it took 11 hrs in order to meet him.  We went a different "route" with Abigail...and with a matter of minutes, we heard the most wonderful sound.  With tears flowing down my face, I heard the sweetest cry.  Our little girl was here.  
We waited with the utmost anticipation as the nurse walked her around the curtain and we got to see her little face.  I gave her a few tiny kisses before she was taken to be weighed and cleaned. Five fingers and five toes.  Brown fuzzy hair.  Powder pink skin.  She was just perfect!  8 lbs 3 oz.  19.75 in long.  As the doctor sewed me up, Abigail's proud Dad walked over to her and snapped pictures.  When she and I were all ready, they put her in my arms and wheeled us back to our room. 
A whirlwind amount of time took us from the parents of one to the parents of two. 
As we sit in our room, and listen to our new bundle of pink make the sweetest noises, we are overwhelmed with the amount of love and blessings that we have been given.  Our family of 3 is now a family of 4.  Our world has become pink....all shades of beautiful pink!  Our life has been made only better by the arrival of Abigail Grace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment