Sunday, April 22, 2012

Our time

With the addition of Abigail to the family, we have entered (and at some points re-entered) a new "normal".  Pink everything is all around.  Dr Brown bottles, a bassinet, a pack n play, a swing, and a bouncer have reappeared.  The sound of a newborn cry as well as the tiny grunts, squeals, and sneezes/hiccups are all around.  Mommy is multitasking on a whole new level as there are now many things to do at all times.  Thank goodness there are grandparents are here to help as well.  But despite the help, I am still the mommy, and there are now 2 kiddos!!

One thing I am trying to maintain is Ben and Mommy and/or Ben and Mommy/Daddy time.  As much as we just adore our new bundle, our Ben needs to know that he is still so very important.  So, various times throughout the day, I leave my little girl in the hands of her Daddy or her Grandparents, and I am with Ben.  Whether it be in the backyard, his room, or the park down the street, Ben becomes my only priority. 

Today, it was a gorgeous spring day.  A slight chilly wind, but so sunny!  This afternoon, Ben was loaded up into his tricycle,  grabbed a juice box, and off we went to the park.  It was so nice to be out and about with my sweet boy.  I love his curiosity.  I love his love of the outdoors.  I love everything about this boy!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment