Thursday, August 30, 2012

"No Sleep for You!"

Abigail started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old.  She was letting us have 6-7 hrs consistently without fail.  She was never a big napper during the day, but, hey, I'll trade day time sleep for her...and me.... to have a full night.  She could sleep through most everything..including her loud brother.  She loved the swing for naps and bassinet for nights.

Fast forward to 4 months.....

She is not a napper at all!  We are talking catnaps are a generous word for her naps.  The naps range from 5 min to 20 min.  Every now and then, she will fall asleep for about 1 hr....but those happen rarely.  And usually, for those to occur, Ben has to be asleep too.  Naps in the swing are rare, considering Ben is running past yelling , "Abby!"  every 3 seconds.  So, now she naps and sleeps at night in her room.  In the last 2 weeks, she is no longer sleeping through the night.  She is exhausted by the day's end (gee, I wonder why, considering she probably rested 1 hr all day!).  She can barely finish the last bottle without passing out.  What does this mean?  Well, when she eats about 2 oz at 8, she is empty by 2 or 3am. 

So, that is where we are right now.  Little to no sleep during the day....and broken sleep at night.  This mommy is tired!! 

Many give the advice to "cry it out".  It is personal preference, but I just haven't been at peace with doing this.  Yes, there will come a point where this will be necessary.  But, if my baby is hungry, I will feed her.  (I can almost hear the backlash from these comments!).  Again, it is a mommy's choice to decide what is best for their baby.  When she gets ready, we'll do this.  We did it this way with Ben, and he seems to have turned out just fine!

Juggling a 21 month old who is growing and learning each moment of the day and a 4 month old insomniac..... I am tired.....my toe nails are actually tired!  I know this too will change....and she will grow out of this into another phase. 

The BEST and HARDEST job of all times....raising little humans!! 

A fun lighter note......

Ben is putting words together.  His vocab is growing each and every day!
Abby is rolling over and trying to prop sit!
Slider and Shea are as insanely neurotic as ever!
The Rosner household is one happening place!


No comments:

Post a Comment