This day, will go down in Rosner history. The fact that it was Valentine's Day just made it all the more ironic. Instead of a day and evening filled with all things red and pink, all things sweet and chocolatey, all things magical and glittery......we had a day and evening like this. (List form will be used for 2 reasons. 1. I am too dag-gum tired to use full sentences
2. I am too dag-gum tired to use full sentences!
400: I pick Ben up to find him crawling vs walking b/c "it hurts".
415 ish: I decide to take Ben to the Pediatrician because when he does bear weight on his left foot, he limps and refuses to wear shoes
445: Get to Ped office to find they are "closed". I was told, "there is a 9/10 chance you will have to go to after hours or downtown to ER.
455: Ben is called back and he erupts into LOUD crying and screaming. The words "Go back to new car" were yelled
530: We are sent home....Ben is now running, jumping, hopping...etc. He still favors that side, but nothing really to do b/c he is doing so well
545: Rosner 3 head to the mall to wait on Daddy
630: Marc arrives and we head to eat dinner....Chickfila per Ben's request.
Dinner is going fine until our new little eater takes too big a bite out of her little cracker. She starts choking.....not the little cough kind, but the rip her out of her seat and perform back blows kind of choking! Scared us to our core. That horrible sound. Such a blessing when we finally heard her cry! I have her in my lap....facing me.....as she calms down. Then, she pukes.....hose pipe puke.....all over her and me. Seemed like everyone in the food court stopped and watched as round 2 puke began and ended. We quickly decide to wrap dinner up and head home. Before I can stop her, my sandwich (which I had taken 2 bites) hits the floor. Marc takes her to change her clothes as I try to wipe the 2 rounds of puke off my shirt, lap, and everything in between. We head to the car
800: We drop my less than 1 month old car off at the dealer.....yes, it already has an issue. (One of the display screens has to be replaced!) Thank goodness for the warranty.
830: We try to make the most of today, and we give our babies their Vday gifts. This was hands down the highlight of our day.
900: Ben and Abby finally fall asleep.
1045: I sit here, typing, sipping a cup of decaf coffee, eating a left over Vday Party cupcake and sigh in utter fatigue.
Today wasn't just about hearts, candy, gifts, and pink/red.....today was about the love we have for those 2 little ones resting peacefully in their beds. So thankful Ben's foot was ok! So thankful Abby was ok! So utterly thankful for it all!
Valentine's Day.....whew! You win....You win!
No comments:
Post a Comment