Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rockin Valentine's Eve

What do you get when you cover the house in red and pink, fill a tabletop with all kinds of sweet yummies, let loose 6 kiddos high on sugar, and gather 7 mommies together sharing stories and laughter?  You get a Valentine's (Eve) Party!

Since I had my kiddos, my aversion for Feb 14 and everything that goes with it has passed.  I have obsessively embraced all things Valentine.  I decided to throw a party for Ben and Abby's friends....and their Mommies.

I made the menu, grocery and decoration shopped, and then went "Pinteresty".


The Dollar Tree and Target were the sources for the decor.  If you don't shop at the Dollar Tree for your party stuff, you are missing out.  They have everything!!!  Tissue paper pom poms......easily created with Dollar Tree tissue paper, a stapler, a pair of scissors, and a you tube video.  The cupcake stand was a huge $1 find.  And with the help of Pinterst....the tables were set!



 

 For snacks we had chocolate and yellow cupcakes, white chocolate covered marshmellow pops, white chocolate covered strawberries, fruit skewers, strawberry cake cookie sandwiches, Valentine popcorn, and lots and lots of candy. 










The kiddos played and played...snacked and snacked....then played some more.  The Mommies played with the kids, passed babies around, laughed at all the "mommy stories", and enjoyed the time together.






















We are so blessed to have such a wonderful set of friends.


Happy Valentine's Eve!!


No comments:

Post a Comment