On December 19th, I was feeding my little Ben and we were having one of our very deep conversations (yes, a bit one-sided). Then... there it was. This tiny mouth curved up and smiled. ...Ben smiled at his mommy for the first time. This was maybe one of the most amazing things I have seen. Our one-sided conversation became two. In just one second, our relationship jumped a mile. My heart could barely hold all of this. My baby Ben took that one smile and now has come alive. His smile now accompanies coos and giggles. Our conversations, however silly, are some of the most special I've ever had. Who would have ever thought a smile can change not only a single face but everyone who sees it.


I just love how big he is getting and his fuzzy hair. Can't wait to visit with him (and you of course) again soon!
ReplyDelete