
How has our life changed over the last 11 1/2 weeks?
Sleep is now measured not by length of time but by increments of time. 3 am is now very very similar to 3 pm. The only true difference is how much light is coming through the window.
Meals are now planned based on time of preparation needed and with the thought, "can this be eaten with one hand?". Utensils are a thing of the past. Why even try to make something that has to be cut or Heaven forbid something that has to be held with two hands. Bottom line: "Could I eat this standing up with a baby in one arm and swaying gently from side to side?"
Grocery shopping now involves Marc pushing the cart and me pushing the stroller. We are now the annoying pair that take up the entire aisle or the parade of cart/human/stroller/human making their way down the frozen foods.
Shopping used to involve long duration browsing and dressing rooms. In depth thought on fashion. Now, I shop in aisles that have 0-3 mth, 3-6 mth and socks that can fit in the palm of your hand. Forget dressing rooms, if I do happen to grab an shirt or dress, I now do the old "hold it up in front of you" assessment followed by "how will this look when I'm sitting with Ben in my lap".
Dinners out are timed based on "when was the last feeding?" Marc and I can now eat any meal in mere minutes. Forget the appetizer or dessert, lets focus on the main course! Eat as fast as you can and hope you remember what you ate.
Bottom line.....our lives are completely, 100% flipped upside down when compared to before. BUT WE WOULDN'T CHANGE ONE THING!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment