Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our Heart Sings....and He Dances

Yesterday, it was exactly 6 weeks since I lost my sweet Dad.  It is so hard to believe that we have been without him for 6 weeks.  What made yesterday even more difficult was that my good friend, Diane, lost her husband this past weekend.....and yesterday, was the visitation.  I wouldn't have missed being there to hug and support her but being that close to something that I know all too clear was difficult.
What made yesterday better?  That's simple.  Ben.  My mom kept Ben yesterday and that pair had the very best time!  I called to check on them throughout the day and all I could here is Ben babbling and giggling in the background and his proud B going on and on about what all they had done and what they were planning next.  After leaving the visitation, I am overwhelmed with how much I miss my Dad.  But driving up to our house I was immediately filled with such joy.  There in the front yard, on a blanket, was my mom and Ben.  They were having the best time!  Being greeted by that made my heart sing.
As we continue to grieve the loss of my Dad, Brenda's husband, Marc's father-in-law, Allen's Dad and so many other's friend and family member, we are reminded that this is what my Dad would want for us.....to allow our hearts to sing at the mere sight of our sweet Ben.  Laugh at him as he dances to his music....ANY music he hears.  Smile at him as he gives us that amazing grin.  Lift him up in the air and let him giggle.  And sit out on a blanket and enjoy this beautiful time of year.
6 weeks .... one day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment