Last week, I left the 1st trimester and entered the 2nd. A few days ago, the nausea finally started to leave as well.....and for this I am oh so grateful!. The 1st trimester with this new little one was rough. Instead of morning or 1/2 day nausea, I was dealing with all day nausea. It would start in the morning and last until bedtime. Dizziness has been another issue......with an almost passing out event happening at work. The baby bump showed up a lot earlier too. I got my somewhat "normal" belly back for approximately 6-7 months before the little bump started to grow. I was about 16 or more weeks before I needed the maternity pants......well, this time, at 12 weeks, I was pulling out the pants and going maternity shopping once again.
Last go around, I was working full time and seeing sometimes 16 patients a day. This time, I am working 2 days a week as a PT and full time as a mommy to a less than 1 year old. Needless to say, feeling sickly wasn't an option. So, with nausea and fatique, Ben and I made it through 13 weeks!!
As I am now at the end of the 14th week, I am feeling much better. Still can't stand the thought of coffee (this aversion happened with Ben too). Hopefully, that will go away, because my fall drink ....the delicious pumpkin spice latte is calling my name and soon, my winter drink....the peppermint mocha will be too!
I woke up this morning, rolled from my side to my back to feel two tiny but obvious kicks saying 'Good Morning'. They always say that you will "feel" baby move much earlier the 2nd go around.....and sure enough, there baby was. At 14 weeks versus 18 weeks, I felt my new baby give me a little kick. What a great way to start the day! And what an amazing reminder that all the nausea and dizziness and sleepiness is worth it!
Happy Wednesday....and from Ben and his new baby pumpkin......Happy Fall!!
No comments:
Post a Comment