So, what have we learned this week so far? Babies can go from taking a few small steps to all out, full fledged, non stop walking in a matter of days. Our Ben is on the move....big time! He can now make it all the way across the house with his adorable baby waddle. (And watching the parade of baby, lab, golden is pretty priceless!)
With this, comes the reality of all of the scary surfaces, corners, and cabinets in the home. Babyproofing has now gone way beyond electric outlet covers. My friend Hillary mentioned wanting a bubble suit for her little one.....and I am all for it too. I feel like he needs a helmet and pads for protection! Stress level of this mommy has increased 10 fold!! As I follow him around the house, I play man to man defense in hopes of preventing a injury. I know falls are bound to happen, but as a first time mommy, I am willing to try to limit them as much as I can.
What also comes with a new walking baby? The word "No" for the first time in his 11 1/2 months. It is so hard to even think of telling him "no" because for all these months leading up to this, there really hasn't been a real reason. Well, Marc and I have entered a brand new phase......actual parenting. It is up to us to teach him right from wrong.....safe from unsafe. It is amazing how in just a few times of consistent "no", babies can learn. Parenting......what a concept!
Less than 2 weeks before our little guy turns 1, we are officially parenting and he is officially walking. What's next? Can't wait to find out!!
Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to watch Ben waddle around! So cute! Next week, a play date will happen. Promise!
ReplyDelete