I saw this on a friend of mine's blog and I am following her lead. Feel free to do the same, the questions are at the bottom of the blog for you to copy/paste.
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We met in the summer of 2006
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Marc had graduated from Univ of Delaware PT school and had taken a PT position at Champion Sports Medicine at St Vincent's in Bham, AL. I was in my 3rd year of PT school and was assigned a 3 mth clinical internship at Champion. To clarify, he WAS NOT my clinical instructor!! ha!!
I was engaged, Marc was dating someone else, so we were just friends. After 3 mths, I left Bham and headed to Little Rock, Arkansas for my final internship.
Long story VERY short, I didn't get married. I walked away from that relationship and entered the world of single life. I graduated from UAB PT school and took a job here in Hoover. I remember talking with my friend Lindsey shortly after graduation about "that guy" that worked at Champion. After a few emails back and forth, Marc asked me out. April 18th we went on our first date. A mere 10 months later, we were engaged.
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We were married on June 21, 2008
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married at the Harbert Center in downtown Bham. The ceremony was in the atrium and our reception was upstairs. It was a fairly large wedding and we were surrounded by so many of our family and friends.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
We don't do honey, babe, sweetie, etc. We have a few nicknames that I will have to say are quite silly!!
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
Determined, self-less, and loving. But I have to add a 4th.....Marc is a wonderful Dad!
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
For those who know us, you know how much we both love Starbucks. For those of you who know me, you also know, I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. Sure I eat the candy....but do not officially celebrate it. Yes, Marc get's off pretty easy!! No flowers, no teddy bears, no heart shaped boxes!! So, on Feb 15, 2008, he walks in my front door from work with a cup of Starbucks. I think nothing of it, b/c that is pretty typical. He hands me the cup. I am so excited b/c there is NOTHING better than a cup of coffee after a day of work. I notice the cup has my name on it.....but don't really think anything about it. I then notice the little descriptor boxes on the side of the cup say "I (heart) U". I stop and pull down the cardboard sleeve....there, written under the sleeve is "Will you marry me?" I turn around to see Marc on his knee holding a beautiful diamond ring. The world stops....I hear and remember nothing.....I just remember saying "Yes!" Best darn Latte EVER!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Again, no Vday celebrations here for us!! I know, I know....Ba humbug!!
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Movie and take out!
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I've been to Europe....but Marc hasn't. As much fun as my 3 months in Europe were, I didn't have Marc with me. So, going back with my husband.....would be perfect!!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
This year, since we have a little Ben in our lives, we celebrate him! We will give him his Vday gifts.....snack on some fun cookies and love on him!!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
nope
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
You have to communicate.....and keep on talking!! Never go to bed angry....never leave each other angry. Make it right....always! Swallow your pride and try to see the situation from the other side. Love each other.....always! Respect each other.....always! And remember, no one is perfect and if he/she can accept you and all of your imperfect ways, then you are blessed beyond measure to have each other.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment