Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

I've never really gotten into the whole Valentine's Day celebration....it probably just bowls down to a tiny bit of rebellion.  Well, having a child changes things.  All of a sudden, I am buying Valentine's for Ben's friends, chocolate candies for Ben's teachers, heart shaped cookies for us....and presents decorated with red ribbon.  I can't resist it!!  Seeing Ben enjoy the fun craziness of this day is worth it all. 



Ben's B sent Ben a big present which was waiting on our front door when we got home.  It is decorated with lots of little stickers....and Ben just couldn't wait to rip into it!  Once I got the tape cut just enough to open the box, Ben started pulling out his adorable and yummy valentines.  A Valentine's Bee, some adorable new clothes, and lots of yummies later, Ben is one happy fella!!






Marc brought in pizza for dinner and the 3 of us sat around the table laughing as Ben enjoyed every single bite....and enjoys the cookie even more!! 





After a bath to wash off all the pizza and cookie stickiness, we gave Ben his other Valentine's gift.  A Cookie Monster!  (Very appropriate gift for the night!)


So, I'll lay down my pride and I'll admit how fun today was.  Last Valentine's Day, our little guy was just a baby. 





And here we are 1 year later, falling more and more in love with our Ben.  We are so very blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment