I've always heard of a "24 hr bug", but have never met him until yesterday. I woke up at midnight Saturday night feeling not so great. Thought it was the dreaded pregnancy reflux so I sat up in bed and tried to go back to sleep. Within 30 minutes, I realized it was NOT reflux. 5 months pregnant and sick beyond measure. For the next 6 hours, I was in complete misery.
The next morning, I called the OB's office and they paged the on-call doctor. She called me back within 5 minutes. She said this stomach virus is going around and they were getting lots of calls. What do you do when you are 5 months pregnant but can't drink and eat? You hope for the best. I was told to take Zofran (which I tried with Ben because of the morning sickness but couldn't tolerate). Well, this time, I took it despite! It managed to keep me less nauseous and allowed me to tolerate Ritz crackers and small sips of water. My biggest fear was Abigail not getting what she needed.....so I did all I could to get something down.
I laid on the couch all day....napped when Ben napped. My sweet Marc took care of Ben from morning to night. It is so hard to lay there and know that I physically cannot help. I watched my two boys play all day. What a blessing they are! I got a 24 lb visitor every few minutes to come over and sit with me or walk by and pat my leg.
I even had a laugh or two at Ben by our tree.....I cropped out his naked booty! (When Marc changes his diaper, Ben always manages to get free and have a little naked time!)
I went to bed when Ben fell asleep and woke up feeling 100% better. Mr "24 hr bug" and I met and I was so very glad when he left!!
So glad you are over "Mr Bug"... those absolutely terrible!! I had food poisoning earlier this week, so I am pretty sure we were both down around the same time!! Not fun at all!! Glad all is well.
ReplyDelete