Monday, July 30, 2012

Trussville Trip

Mom usually comes here to the house of chaos for multiple reasons....one of the main being that we have all the "supplies" and "equipment" here.  Well, today, the kiddos and myself made the trech to Trussville.  We loaded up and headed out.  (Packing for a day in Trussville is the equivalent to packing for a weekend away!)

As I was driving there, it occurred to me that I hadn't been over to my mom's house since Abigail was born.  Hard to believe!!  I can make this 35 min trip with my eyes closed....and I know Ben is used to the trip as well.  For those of you who remember, Ben and I made this trip daily for 6 weeks to be with my Dad every moment possible.  Those days will forever be engraved in me....and I will one day replay them for Ben. 

We met for lunch at Cafe on Main and then headed to my mom's house.  Ben has renamed his "B" to "D".  Not sure when this happened, but it has.  He can say "bee" and "Abby" and many other words that contain a B, so we know it is by choice he is calling her this.  And it is ironic, that she was "B" and my sweet dad was "G"....and Ben picked a name somewhere in the middle.

Lunch was delicious.  Cafe on Main closes at 2, so as we finished lunch, they were cleaning.  And one of Ben's most favorite things appeared.  A broom!!  He watched as the man swept.  The man saw Ben's excitement and brought Ben a broom as well.  This was more than he could handle.  Cafe on Main = utopia!!



We played at D's all day long.  Ben got to try out his new ride.  A little overwhelmed at first but got the hang of it after a bit.  Abby hung out and enjoyed just being happy.  Ben still loves the back porch swing....he spent many a day back there being rocked to sleep....now it is Abby's turn.








As Ben and his D played, and I rocked Abby in the rocking chair in the den, many thoughts went through my head.  It was in this room that I first told my Dad we were wanting to have another baby.  It was in this room that my Dad and I spent so much time together....just those quiet most wonderful moments.  It has been just over a year and I have completed a full pregnancy and now holding my 3 1/2 month old baby girl with his name sake. 

A great day for all 4 of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment