Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday's Timeline

There are some days that feel as though if a camera was following me, my world would make for a very entertaining reality show.

My timeline of today....

5:15 am:  wake up as today is a work day, so it is getting myself and 2 kiddos/bags ready for daycare
6 am:  leave the house and the kiddos in Marc's hands
6:45  am:  at work
8 am:  text from Marc....."worst drop off ever....he cried and yelled 'Daddy'"
11 ish am:  text AND voice message from Ben's teacher.....he has been crying off and on all morning and she can't get him calmed down.  Heart now breaking and all I want to do is get to my sweet Ben  (did I mention that I had 2 patients there and 1 waiting to get started?)
Call my mom who heads down there to see if she can calm him.  The second he sees her he is fine!  Answering office phone/cell phone and text messages all while treating 3 patients.  (Big thanks to my co workers for helping out!)  My amazing mom stays with him for a LONG time until he wakes up from nap.  She is seriously amazing!
3:30 pm:  head to pick him up....yes, speeding up 65 N!
4 pm:  find Ben in baby room with his sister....he is calm.  His teacher is rocking them at the same time.  He runs to me with arms up.....I almost melted!  As I am packing her up, they tell me she just spit up pretty much her entire bottle and will probably be hungry soon....well, she was hungry before I could get up the elevator.  I feed her while running around after Ben as plays all over the church lobby.  I entertain him with the coke machine and then we ride the elevator twice.  (Once b/c I forgot Marc brought the stroller in....the second, for entertainment).  This is as close to a carousel as I can find! (did I mention that everyone by this point had left....seriously, lights being turned out!)
4:30:  head to the car....in the 100 degree temp.
5 pm:  home!
6:30:  Marc arrives home to a delivery pizza.....

There were moments today that were calm, and there were plenty that weren't!  It is so hard to be at work when you know you would rather be with your baby.  Ben has had a difficult time transitioning back to daycare 2 days a week....he was out for almost 10 weeks while I was on maternity leave.  He is also transitioning to 1 nap a day.....and daycare days, he doesn't nap until 1pm...which is about 2.5 hrs later that what he does the other days of the week.  Ben is also still on 2 antibiotics for the bacterial infection that have infected 2 lymph nodes.  LOTS going on for sweet Ben.

We are continuing to pray that the antibiotics will help shrink the nodes.....so that surgery will be easier on Tuesday.  We are also praying that his transition back to daycare will be more smooth.  Having this social time is so important and I want him to enjoy his time there.

Tuesday's timeline was quite busy, quite stressful, and quite tiring....for all of us!!  

The good news:  tomorrow we will all be home together celebrating the 4th!

Funny of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment