Friday, January 11, 2013

New Ride

Out with the old and in with the new.

I bought my very first car after I graduated from PT school.  Before the 07 Maxima, I began my driving years with a 1979 brown Chevy Malibu (aka the Cigar), then a 1993 Chev Cavalier, then a 1995 Nissan Maxima.  After these, I was through with grad school, working in my "career" so I made the big decision...my first BIG decision.... to buy a car.  It was mine all mine.  I found it.  I sold my other Maxima to my Dad.  I put the money down, bought my Maxima and loved it!  It got me through my full time working days, our vacations to the beach, trips to the Vet with the pups, carrying plants/pine straw/soil from Home Depot to our home, and most memorable....driving to and from the hospital to bring our babies home.

For the last 6 years, th-Maxima has been wonderful. 

I am a mommy of 2.  2 babies that each have a car seat, each have a diaper bag, each have toys.  I have a double stroller and a single.  I have a work bag.  I also had NO room in the Maxima for anything else.  Grocery shopping was a challenge.  The trunk would be stuffed to the brim and the back seat too.  With the Maxima being paid off, Marc made the family decision.....we are getting a new car.  He began researching....and researching.  After test driving a few, we decided that the 2013 Highlander was the Rosner's new ride.  Silver.  Absolutely beautiful.  As Ben says, "New Car....Silver Car.....New Car!"

Marc consulted with his Dad a bit about the details/options that we needed in the car.  He was a tremendous help.  Oh how I wished my Dad was here to brainstorm with us too.  He would have given the best advice.  It is interesting how right when I needed him, he was here.  I had a few memories come rushing back. 

Don't buy Black.....it is too dark and you might not be seen
Silver doesn't show dirt
The more bells and whistles, the more can break.
Highlanders are really nice cars
Never get the 1st or new model car....they have a new Highlander coming out in 2014

Well, without really meaning to, we did all of these.  (we did get a few extra bells and whistles!)  I smile as I think of this.  He would have loved this car.  He would love that Marc is taking such amazing care of me. 


The Rosner's have a new ride.....can't wait to see where it will take us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment