From a very early age, I loved reading. My favorites were the always popular family, The Berenstain Bears, the adorable Curious George, the infamous Dr Seuss, the lovable Corduroy, and the precious Velveteen Rabbit. My library began so many years ago, and has only grown and grown. Now, my sweet Baby Ben's library has began to assemble. His tiny little white bookshelf is stocked and ready to go. It holds on its small shelves some of my favorites as well as many new arrivals. Each book holds a story that will teach him so many things. Each page hold pictures that will entertain him. The moments that Ben and his mommy and daddy have already shared in that brown rocker are only the beginning. As we read aloud and turn the pages, Ben will get to experience the magical world of reading where Bears talk, Monkeys cause mischief, Cats wear hats, and Rabbits become your best friend. I can't wait for the day when our Baby Ben will go and pick his favorite book and read aloud to us!!
"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be...And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." --Benjamin Button
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Baby Ben's Library
From a very early age, I loved reading. My favorites were the always popular family, The Berenstain Bears, the adorable Curious George, the infamous Dr Seuss, the lovable Corduroy, and the precious Velveteen Rabbit. My library began so many years ago, and has only grown and grown. Now, my sweet Baby Ben's library has began to assemble. His tiny little white bookshelf is stocked and ready to go. It holds on its small shelves some of my favorites as well as many new arrivals. Each book holds a story that will teach him so many things. Each page hold pictures that will entertain him. The moments that Ben and his mommy and daddy have already shared in that brown rocker are only the beginning. As we read aloud and turn the pages, Ben will get to experience the magical world of reading where Bears talk, Monkeys cause mischief, Cats wear hats, and Rabbits become your best friend. I can't wait for the day when our Baby Ben will go and pick his favorite book and read aloud to us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment