I saw the sweetest thing early this morning. Ben has been sleeping so so so good. We are now making it all the way through the night in good restful sleep. However, this morning, Ben was wide awake at 445 am. Not too fussy, just awake....and ready for breakfast! Ben isn't a big crier.....unless it is bottle time. He has been blessed with health and happiness, but not so much in the patience department when it comes to hunger. So, he is in his crib while I run to make a bottle. When I enter his room, there lays Slider. Our lab lays still by his crib. I guess she was keeping watch on her brother while mommy was getting the bottle.
Ben will get to grow up with two doggies....Slider, the black lab and Shea, the golden retriever. It will be so fun to see Ben run and play in the backyard with the dogs. Right now, they pay little attention.....with the occasional lick or sniff. But I know in the future, they will be best of friends.
Here are some pictures of Ben's first experiences with the doggies. The one of Slider by his crib WAS NOT taken this morning before the early morning feeding!! Trust me, there was NO time for photos!!
The dogs "meeting" Ben for the first time

Slider checking out the new "pet"

Shea feeling a bit left out

Ben's bookends Christmas morning

Shea makes a cozy recliner

Slider's new favorite spot

No comments:
Post a Comment