As I am now 2 weeks into the 3rd Trimester, I am realizing that in less than just a few months, we will be a family of 4 (plus 2 dogs). Seems like not that long ago it was July and we were reveling in the amazement of that positive test.
Once my belly started to really show, I would notice people looking at me...then at Ben....then start doing some serious mathematics in their head. Yes, we are going to have 2 under the age of 2. A mere 17 months will separate our Ben from our Abigail!
Being pregnant this go around has been quite different than before. The morning/all day nausea lasted for months. My body naturally "fell" back into the pregnancy mode. I started to show pretty quickly. I got into maternity pants about 1 month sooner. My back and pelvis started giving me some pain much earlier on.....and has led to me taking Tylanol, wearing a SI belt, and taking advantage of having a husband as a PT and a friend who is a women's health PT.
Most days, I think I forget that I am pregant....and forget that I am getting "more" pregnant each day. I work 2 days a week and see a good many patients each day. The manual techniques that I use to treat my spine patients are getting more and more interesting as my belly gets more and more prominent. The rest of my week, I am a mommy to an almost 15 month who weighs almost 25 pounds. Its funny how I don't think twice about reaching down and picking him up.....MANY times a day. I don't think twice about getting in the floor to play (but and quickly reminded when I try to get up!). Being a mommy definitely gives some serious supernatural strength.
At night, when Ben is asleep and I am laying in bed resting/replaying the day in my head, I get some of the most wonderful reminders of what is happening. This little girl is a busy baby. Her kicks are different. With each one, I am reminded that she is growing and will be here soon.
So, here's to the 3rd Trimester! Here's to the little girl who is growing and kicking and squirming. Here's to baby Abigail Grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment