As Ben was looking through his photo book this morning, he (just as he always does) stopped and found the one picture that he loves. It is my favorite picture of my parents and I find it very interesting that Ben loves it too. As he pointed his little index finger, he looks at me to say their name. I say, "That's your B". Then he points to the other, and I say, "And that's your G". Just this simple thing that I do multiple times a day, hits me like a ton of bricks. I ask Ben, "Do you remember your G? He loved you so much!". And I know I wasn't hearing things, because I know I heard him say "G G". My heart just stopped. Tears fell as I took it in. I said, "That's right!". He then turns and casually walks over to another toy. As I am wiping tears from my face, he turns and looks at me. He then says, "Uh-oh". I instantly laugh.
Perfect timing, Baby Ben!!
Oh, and here is the picture that is our most favorite....
No comments:
Post a Comment