I've always loved reading. From as far back as I can remember, my mom would take me to our local public library and I would spend hours looking through all different types of books. I, of course, had my favorites, but I just loved being among all the stacks and shelves.
Well, now that I am much older....and a now mommy to a 14 mth old, my love for reading has continued, but the time to read has gotten much shorter. I catch a page or chapter every so often.....usually I have a book in the works at all times.
Even before Ben was born, I started collecting books that I remember reading as a child. He was given so many books as gifts....especially from his grandparents and Uncle Allen and Meg. His library has truly grown...and now, continues to grow.
In the last few months, I have been able to read all sorts of new books. They are a bit different than the ones that I used to read. They are primarily made of cardboard. They are filled with pictures. They sometimes rhyme or sing or make noises. They sometimes have flip up pages. They usually involve a rabbit or a doggie or a train or a fish. They say goodnight in all sorts of ways to all sorts of things. I read these books over and over to a very excited and extremely curious little boy. His eyes sparkle as he hears and sees these pages flip in front of him. (Most are now set to memory and I can almost flip the pages without even looking at them.)
I love that Ben loves books. I hope to one day take him to the library or bookstore and let him enjoy it as much as I do. So, this is how I spend majority of our day....Ben in my lap, with his book of choice. Bring on the books, Baby Ben and let the stories fly!
No comments:
Post a Comment