Apparently, we didn't eat enough apples to keep the doctor away....because we have had 3 doctor visits in 3 days. 2 for Abby, 1 for Mommy.
The readers of this blog have read previously about Abby's ear infection, medicine changes, head to toe rash, and possibly 'hand foot and mouth'. Well, today, and by today I mean 3 am, this Mommy started running a fever. By 6 am, it was 101.8. Full body aches, chills, and nausea. Misery is an understatement! As I quickly realize there is no way that I could watch these kids alone. I can do most anything with these kiddos, but with a headache, blurred vision and dizziness, Marc stayed home from work. (THANK THE LORD!) We pack the kids up and we head to AFC. Marc drops me off and takes the kids to Target. Blood work, medicine, and 1 shot later, I leave with a diagnosis of antibiotic resistant bacterial infection.
By 1200, I started sweating......never had a hot flash before but this was a HOT FLASH! It lasted about 10 minutes then the most amazing thing happened. My headache lessened some and my temperature dropped to 99. Mommy finally started to feel a little bit better.
Abby's spots started getting a little raised....then they got more red. A call in to the doctor lead to them taking her off the antibiotic. Her ear was almost healed yesterday, so he thinks she will be ok to stop early. Gotta love how my kids don't like Augmentin.
So, today was spent resting and watching my sweet husband take care of the kids. Before my fever broke I couldn't lift my head off the pillow. It was Marc and the kids. Dirty diapers and all! He loves his Ben and his Abby and because of how he took care of me today, I love him even more. Ben and I snacked on popcicles because it made my throat feel better and because LOVES them!
I am so thankful that I am feeling better. I am so thankful my husband was able to be here and take care of everything. I am so thankful that the kids are bathed and asleep. I am so thankful it is bedtime!!
Good night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment