Sunday, March 31, 2013

Carrot cake with a wooden spoon

Rarely do I blog about cooking....probably because I don't cook enough to actually write about it.

Well this recipe was a Pinterest find that just has to be shared. Anyone love carrot cake??  Well this girl does!!  With 2 babies, a 1st bday party in the works, a Easter weekend full of activities, I needed a easy cake to make. Carrot cake is a perfect Easter dessert. A few searches on Pinterest led me to this recipe. Oh my goodness is it delic and oh my goodness it is EASY to make!!!

http://www.sophistimom.com/wicked-easy-carrot-cake/


1 cup raisins
1 15-ounce can crushed pineapple (the whole can, with the juice and everything—well, er, minus the can, of course!)
1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
1 pound carrots, peeled and shredded
2 cups sugar*
1 1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
cream cheese frosting (recipe follows)


Dump all ingredients in the order they are listed into a lARGE bowl. 
Mix all together w a wooden spoon. Not sure why wooden but that's what she said to do and who am I to change it. No mixer!!!!    

Stir until blended. Pour into pan. I use a jelly roll pan lines w foil and sprayed w Pam. I'm sure you could do 9 x13 or square or circle pans. Just watch the time. 

Bake at 350. 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean. One was more like 30 min

Now, cool in pan. Then invert into rack to completely cool. I trimmed mine to 2 equal squares that I could layer and put in my cake stand. If not, just ice and serve right out of pan. I didn't make the cream cheese icing. I used 2 cream cheese icings. Layer cake icing cake the icing. I chilled in refrigerator  over night. 

Unreal!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment