Our Thanksgiving was a bit different this year. We decided early on that we would make today just as special and just as delicious as before but different than in the years past.
The setting was our house. The island was cleared for all the yummy food. Marc took on the turkey. I made the mac n cheese, sweet potato suffle, green bean casserole. My mom brought the snow mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, blueberry salad, orange salad, and rolls.
For dessert, mom brought a pecan pie. I decided to make an apple pie....but not just an ordinary apple pie. I made it in my sweet Grandmaw's pie pan. Her pies were the best......and her pie pan was the one thing that I wanted to have after she passed away. This dented, scarred, and precious pie pan has made 1,000 pies....all with more love than you can imagine. So, I prepared an apple pie in her pan. What a precious memory with each delicious bite.
Ben took a nice long nap, while we prepared for lunch. When he awoke, we made our plates and dove right in. (Ben's monkey plate was filled too. He enjoyed tiny bites of all the dishes.....mostly the sweet ones! He is is father's son!). After lunch, Ben walked around the kitchen munching on his roll. Oh, the simple things in life!
Our Thanksgiving table was set for 4.....the highchair placed at the table. The one thing I didn't want was an empty seat......so who better than to fill that spot than our sweet Ben.
We had a wonderful day. Memories from last Thanksgiving flowed through our mind. How has it been 1 year since our Ben was a tiny 3 week old?
This year, we have so much to be thankful for.
Our Ben....1 year old!!
Our Abigail.......20 weeks and growing!
Our wonderful families
My mom....who is my best friend and teacher
My dad......who I was blessed to have for 31 years......and who changed me irrevocably and taught me more than I ever thought possible, and loved me without measure.
Our jobs (And I have a job that allows me the opportunity to work 2 days a week and be a mommy the other days)
Our home
Our health
Our friends
Our Amazing and Saving Grace
So many reasons to give thanks!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!



No comments:
Post a Comment