Saturday, November 5, 2011

One year later

November 4, 2010 at 546pm a 8 lb, 3 oz perfect baby boy was placed in my arms.  Love at first sight was experienced for the first time.  It was a moment in time that I will never forget.  Surrounded by a doctor, nursing staff and a proud husband/new Daddy, I held baby Ben as close to me as I could.  There he was.  For 39 weeks, we grew in my belly, and now, I was a mom holding her baby.  What an amazing experience!







November 4, 2011, an almost 24 lb baby is sitting in a highchair smiling as he eats his birthday cake.  That immeasurable amount of love that I felt 365 days ago, has amazingly grew into even more. This time, we were surrounded by his grandparents too, as we laughed and cheered him on.  Cake and icing were everywhere....it was absolutely perfect!!











Even though, my precious Dad and Ben's precious G wasn't at the table with us, I know that up in Heaven, Ben  was being cheered on from there too.  After all, there is no one who would have been more proud of this than my Dad.




Opening the presents was a team effort.  Ben was fascinated by all his birthday balloons.  I mean, how often do you see a floating Elmo?  He was given so many things that he will just love.  Things to ride on, things to push, things to build, things to wear, and things to play.





What a wonderful day!  Every moment was spent celebrating our Ben!

As the mom of a walking, giggling, squealing, most perfect 1 year old, I look back on the last year and smile.  We celebrate his 1 year and are beyond grateful that we were chosen to be his parents.  What will year 2 bring?  Who knows!!  But we bask in the knowledge that we will soon find out!!

1 comment:

  1. This post made me weepy (with tears of joy). I can't believe he is already one. What a wonderful year it has been!

    ReplyDelete