Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ben's Mommy's Day

Today was Mother's Day.  Ben's Mommy's very 1st Mother's Day.  As Ben is now consistently sleeping 9+ hours, we usually are able to sleep "in" until about 630-7.  Well, this morning, we woke up early as Ben found himself ready for an early breakfast.  Before I could start feeding him, he fell back asleep in my arms.  So, my gift from Ben was getting to hold him and cuddle him for almost an hour.  What a joy to know that this little baby boy is my very own.  As tiring as I used to be getting up every 2-3 hours for feedings, I do miss those sweet/precious times when it was just mommy and baby.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend this early morning.  A snugly 18 pound baby wrapped in my arms sleeping so soundly.  A gift that didn't cost a dime but was priceless in value.
Since my in-laws are in town this weekend, we were able to have a nice Mother's Day lunch with my parents as well as Marc's.  Two women who have already raised their babies now get to enjoy a new celebration....GrandMOTHER's Day.  (And from what I am hearing, being a Grandmother is a role that both just can't get enough of).  Ben was surrounded by two sets of Grandparents that adore him more than he will ever know.  It was so nice to have both sets with him at the same time.





What an extraordinary gift it is to be able to be a Mommy.  I am honored and overwhelmed with joy that I have been given the opportunity to be Ben's Mommy.  He is the greatest gift I have ever been given.  I thank the Lord everyday that this little boy was given to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment