When I first started the blog, it was to allow our family and friends to follow our Ben and his parents as they embark on this new adventure. What I have quickly realized is it has also become a place where Ben's Mommy can have a cathartic place to describe, explain, and release.
Yesterday, our family was rocked by some devastating news. Ben's G, my Dad, Brenda's husband, Allen's Dad, Marc's father in law, and so many other peoples' family member and friend was told that his cancer has advanced. Our hearts completely break as this is not the news we ever wanted to hear. How do you wrap your head around this? How do you take on the next day and the next. Well, we will try to do it as my amazing Dad has done. He has said from the beginning that this is the path that he has been given. And since we are on this path with him, it is our path as well. The tears fall as I write this, but I rest in the abundant comfort that I have in knowing that my Dad is a child of our living God. His grace and mercy surround me and as I look across at our beautiful Ben, I know that no matter tomorrow, we are blessed. We are blessed beyond measure. I have been blessed with a Dad that loves harder and deeper than any man I have ever known.
I ask that my friends and family keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I ask that you love your family and cherish every second.
Oh Jessica... I am so sorry to hear about your dad. We will keep him and your family in our prayers. I will pray for miraculous healing for your dad. If yall need anything, please let us know...
ReplyDeleteYou have a precious way with words, Jessica. Many of us are hurting along with you and your family after this news. Your parents are wonderful people, loved and prayed for by an untold number of people.
ReplyDelete