Sunday, June 10, 2012

FYI: Apps

When Marc wanted the iPad, my first thought was "why?"  We already have the Apple laptop along with my laptop.  But, it took less than 1 day for me to bite my tongue and admit that it is just perfect for our family.  There are so many apps that Ben just loves and it is such a valuable learning tool.  Yes, go ahead and get a good case for safety!!

I have searched and found some really great apps.  These are some that my friends have suggested and some that I have just found by searching and trying.  ALL of these FREE!

1.  I Hear Ewe:  3 pages of pictures with sounds
2.  Elmo ABCs:  games and videos with Sesame Street Characters
3.  Talking Tom 2:  talk and repeat
4.  Baby Fingers:  touch screen and different shapes and sounds pop up...touch them again and they go away.  (Ben's favorite shape and sound is the poop....of course!)
5.  First Songs:  Bingo, Old McDonald
6.  My Scene:  create a scene with objects
7.  Monsters:  Lots of fun sounds are created as you touch eat cute monster
8.  My First Apps:  Flashcards with animals, food, toys...etc
9.  Monkey Detective:  find the match as you erase the screen with your finger
10.  Hello Crayon:  draw with colors


One of the best parts....watching how fast they can learn!  It is truly amazing!!  (And for those who are wondering.....I do not let him play on this all day.....it is just a fun thing to do every now and then!)


No comments:

Post a Comment