Friday, June 1, 2012

....until tonight

This blog will be mostly written in list form as I'm not sure how else to do it!

The mall is probably the easiest place to take a 7 week old and an almost 19 month old. Why? Because there is one stop everything. You have food/dessert eating, kid/adult shopping, stroller cruising, elevator riding and carousel happiness all in one place. It is the place Ben and I would go during the week.  It still should be .... but not tonight!

Marc's brother, Eric, is in town for the weekend, so we chose our " safe" place aka the mall for our late afternoon/ dinner plans. All was well until.......

1. Abigail is wet......so we find the cleanest bathroom which is across the mall
2. We go to eat and find a table
3.  Marc and Eric go to order and I get ready the kiddos ready to eat.
4. I quickly realize I left the powder formula at home....my heart sinks as I frantically search / pray to find some miracle formula.  (I find some premade formula bottles that angels must have put in the bag b/c I know I didn't!)
5.  Everyone eats as we juggle a picky toddler and a "spit up prone" newborn
6.  I pass Abigail to Marc so that I can take Ben on the carousel
7.  I then feel WET jeans and WET shirt.....Ben's diaper was MAXED out and at some point had given up holding any more liquid. 
8.  I now have to put a very disappointed toddler back in the stroller.....crying begins
9.  I then hear Marc say, "oh no!".....projectile spit up......spit up that resembles a garden hose comes out of our newborn.....She is covered, Marc's shorts are covered.
10.  We pack up and head to the car ..... 3/5 people wearing some sort of liquid
11.  I am going to change Ben in the front seat before our ride home......but the car parked next to ours decided to park in the most perfect position so that the door didn't open all the way!
12.  We drive home.....I am in between feeding hungry Abigail and entertaining upset/pantless Ben
13. Did I mention I got car sick?

There is just a point where you have to laugh!!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, we have never met but feel as if I have known you forever! David and I have been friends with Marilyn and Mitch since 1977, when we all lived in Michigan and 3 of us worked for Burroughs! We were heartbroken when they moved back east to New Jersey to be closer to family. Eric was just a baby then. Younger than Ben is now. We have loved watching the Rosner kids grow up and now the Rosner grand kids. Thanks for posting and making me smile. Love to all of you! Dory Mawyer

    ReplyDelete