Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ok, Ok, I say Uncle!!

There are some days that just kick your tail....and today was that day for me!

Because of Ben's ENT appointments and having a pretty bad cold, Ben and Abby haven't gone to school at the same time.  So, I've just had to get her ready for school.  Well, today, both were headed to school.  Ben for the first time since early April.  Abby is a tadpole.  Ben is now a bunny.

Getting 2 bags ready (one with bottles, one with sippys), 2 sets of clothes laid out, etc all the while getting myself ready to leave at 6 am was already an exhausting task.  I head to work and eagerly await for Marc to text me how the kiddos did on the drop off.  Abby .... slept the whole time.   Ben....cried when he left him with his class.  I wait for lunch so that I can call and check on Abby and text and check on Ben.  Abby is good.  Eating and sleeping.  Ben....not so much.  First day back to daycare ..... quite the adjustment.  His teacher tells me he has said "mommy" all morning.  (One great big stab in my heart!)  I leave work and race to get the kids.  Ben sees me and his lip quivers.  He was so happy to see me.  (One great big heal to my heart!)  We then head down the hall to get Abby and off in the double stroller. ... except Ben wants to walk.  Me, 2 kids....one riding, one walking, 2 bags, and a double stroller.  Off to Walgreens we go....unload, reload....all while my car thermostat said 102!

We arrive home after a "quick" stop at the store.  Its now time to feed Abby, give Ben a snack and let the dogs out and fed.  As I am getting her settled, Ben flips the dog's water bowl....as I am cleaning that up, Abby is crying.....as I am getting to her, I hear Ben running through the hall and then start coughing......as I put her down, I hear Ben start to throw up.....I am now cleaning up throw up and all is now well with Ben again.  The running resumes. 

Today was a tough day.  Today this mommy said "uncle"!  Today I look forward to bed even more. 
Here's to tomorrow!!

(this picture was taken about 5 minutes before the water bowl/throwup fiasco....they make it all worth it!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment