Today, Ben made a discovery. He found his feet! They have been there for 20 weeks but as all the books say, it takes babies a while to find them. So today, as Ben was playing, he brought those chubby legs up and grabbed his right foot. Such a neat thing to witness. Later, he was laying in his crib after I took his picture and there they were again. Then again on the diaper changing table. These feet have been there all this time and it is like he finally saw them today! These feet will one day help him crawl then help him take his first step. They will walk in the sand by the ocean and play ball in the grass. (If Marc has it his way), they will walk an 18 hole golf course and shoot in the 60s. These feet will take Ben so many places. These chubby feet will hold my baby up as he learns, explores and plays in this crazy world.
"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be...And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." --Benjamin Button
Friday, March 25, 2011
Footloose
Today, Ben made a discovery. He found his feet! They have been there for 20 weeks but as all the books say, it takes babies a while to find them. So today, as Ben was playing, he brought those chubby legs up and grabbed his right foot. Such a neat thing to witness. Later, he was laying in his crib after I took his picture and there they were again. Then again on the diaper changing table. These feet have been there all this time and it is like he finally saw them today! These feet will one day help him crawl then help him take his first step. They will walk in the sand by the ocean and play ball in the grass. (If Marc has it his way), they will walk an 18 hole golf course and shoot in the 60s. These feet will take Ben so many places. These chubby feet will hold my baby up as he learns, explores and plays in this crazy world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment