Sunday, March 27, 2011

Party of 3


Ben has now made it to the table!! Now that he is eating rice cereal 1-2 times a day and still downing alot of formula at every feeding, he has progressed to the high chair. When we picked out our high chair, using it seemed like a long way off. When he was first born, I fed him cradled in my arms. There we had this special time where he slowly and quietly ate and I talked or sang to him. As he got bigger, I started to feed him in my lap. I would cross one leg over the other and he would face me as he ate. At first, he would eat quietly. Then, his meals became a whole lot more entertaining! As he began to use his hands, he would "help" me hold the bottle. And by help, I mean, he would push and pull the bottle, leaving splashes of milk everywhere. Sometimes, I would just let go and let him feed himself. Well, now that our big guy is eating rice cereal, the move has been made to the high chair. We tried feeding in the cute fluffy bouncer but that just won't work. I was covered, he was covered, and the fabric was all sticky. So, the high chair came out of the box and found its place at the table. Even though he now can eat in the kitchen, I will continue to feed him on my lap as long as I can. Those moments are just too special to no longer do. So, our dinner table now has a new chair. Rosner party of two has now increased to a party of three.

The progression of feedings:















No comments:

Post a Comment