Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Edelweiss


Growing up, one of my most favorite movies was "The Sound of Music". I have seen it so many times that I have it pretty much memorized. One of the first times I saw it was at my Granny's house in Winston Salem, NC. We were up there for Christmas and I was watching it with my Uncle who did musical theater, my Granny, and my parents. I was just mesmerized by the characters, the beautiful story and even more by the music. One of my favorite scenes is where Captain Von Trapp sings to his children. He sings this sweet little song "Edelweiss". It is about a little white flower that grows in the Alps. Such a simple song but has made the most perfect lullaby for my Baby Ben. So, for the past 4 months, this is how I rock him to sleep. He snuggles in close to me and I sing it to him. Just the two of us. He is my Edelweiss and I can't wait to watch him grow!!!!



Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment