Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ben's "B"

Ben is blessed with so many things!  He is surrounded by so many people who love him so much.  One of the neatest things is to watch my mom with Ben.  She has been my mom for 31 years.  She has now been Ben's "B" for 5 months.  I love to watch her talk to him and see him respond to her.  I love to watch her shower him with hugs and kisses and him take it all in.  I love to see her begin to teach him the ABCs and 123s and him to listen to each word and number.  She is a teacher to the core, and she takes every opportunity to teach Ben. 
For those of you who know her, she is an extraordinary woman who loves and cares for so many people.  She is a loving, supportive, and caring wife.  Her life is centered around her family and her friends.  She showers so many with so much love and support and kindness.  She sacrifices herself to put others needs before her own.  Her Faith is the foundation for all she does.  As her daughter, I can speak honestly when I say that in all my life there has never been person who I look up to more.  She has taught me so many things....and I have realized that during my 31 years, she was teaching me the most important lesson of all.......how to be a mom.  I have had the privilege to have this amazing woman be my mom and now Ben gets to have her as his "B"!!





1 comment:

  1. What a tribute to your mother! As one of her friends who has been on the receiving end many times I can say she is one the most caring people I know. How lucky you have been to have her for your mother, and oh how lucky Ben is to have a "B" like her.

    ReplyDelete