Monday, April 18, 2011

Our little Matzo Ball

Today, Ben got to celebrate his first Passover.  His Dad's family is Jewish and they have taught me so much about the special traditions that are celebrated throughout the year.  I didn't take on the complete Seder Dinner, but I did make the bigger menu items.  The dinner began with Matzo Ball soup and it was followed by Marilyn's Brisket and Potatoes.
The Seder is based on the Biblical verse commanding Jews to retell the story of the Exodus from Egypt: "You shall tell your son on that day, saying, 'It is because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of Egypt.'" (Exodus 13:8).  So, as we begin the beautiful Easter celebration, we first celebrate this miraculous event.  Ben is so blessed to have such a heritage.  Jesus was Jewish and without him, the Christian faith would not have been possible.  Benjamin Luke, in the next years, you will learn so much about who came before you and who made you who you are.  This week we celebrate the miracle of new beginnings and a love strong enough to defeat death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment