Monday, June 27, 2011

A Morning Smile

We started yesterday at home and ended yesterday at Princeton Hospital.  Dad had his first seizures a few months ago after his first gamma knife procedure.  (His first seizure happened when I was talking to mom on the phone and I was 9 months pregnant).  They have been highly controlled by medication.  Well, on Thursday, the medicine just wasn't working.  He had 6 seizures that day.  Friday he didn't have any seizures.  Saturday, he had 6.  By Sunday, he had had 4 by noon and the Hospice doctor made a decision that Dad needed to be admitted to the hospital.  The transportation ambulance was at my parent's house within an hour. 
Marc took Ben home and we followed behind the ambulance.  He was admitted and settled within minutes.  It was all such a blur for our family. 
This has been such a difficult time.  Like I have said 1000 times, my Dad is the most precious man on the face of this earth.  It is painful beyond to see him so helpless.  To follow him down the interstate, we just prayed....that is all that we could do.
He was settled in and resting.  By last night, the doctors had him on IV seizure medicines.  He had a good night without seizures.  Mom was able to sleep and THAT is a huge blessing for her.  This morning, as I type sitting next to his bed, he is peacefully resting. 
My friend Lindsey is keeping Ben today so that I can be here with my parents.  Ben continues to be such a joy for our family.  His sweet spirit and loving ways have been priceless.  I found him this morning sitting up in his crib ready to start the day with a smile.  A beautiful morning smile right behind his paci.  Oh, what a treasure he is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment