Friday, June 24, 2011

What a Day!!

If ever I knew Ben was the BEST baby...it was  yesterday!
Our "normal" day has changed completely over the last few weeks.  We have taken weeks and broken them into days.....and taken days and broken them into minutes.  We are taking every minute as a gift.  Ben and I have been spending our days with his B and G.  Tues and Thursdays are the only exception....because I work until 4.  So, after I get Ben at 4, we make our way just for a few hours.  It has become a new "normal" as we get up and head to Trussville.  I am so blessed to be able to do this.  There is absolutely nothing I would rather do or anywhere I would rather be.  I take these days as a gift. This is time I will cherish forever! 
Well, yesterday, our "normal" changed again.  At about 11:30, I got a call on my cell at work from my Mom that Dad had had a seizure.  My heart just dropped.  (The place I am working now is another gift altogether......I was able to leave and can get to Ben in 3 minutes).  I hurry to get Ben while calling Mom to hear that he was having a second one.  With "Jesus at the Wheel", I get here.  He is sleeping but isn't responsive to us.  They said seizures exhaust the body and he had had 2 in such a short period of time. 
Over the next few hours, Dad had 4 more.  I wasn't prepared for how scary this would be.....especially when it is my Dad.  Mom and I were with him.  And Baby Ben, was in the floor playing during each one.  He just knew in his own little way when to be content.  I was able to place Ben on his big blanket with his toys and we were able to tend to Dad while during each one.  (My Dad was able to be fed and swallow his medicine last night.....which is amazing!)
Ben and I stayed with them last night.  And with all the noise of getting up to help with Dad, Ben slept.  And this morning, as I write this, Dad sleeps and Mom sleeps and Ben sleeps too.  I couldn't be more proud of my little one.  He is the best!  I am one proud mama!!
So, we don't know what the plans are for today....we don't even know what the next second will hold.  But, we cherish each second with him and feel blessed to have each one!! 

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing young woman. I just know that you will grow to be the same kind of strong woman that your precious mother is. At a time in your life when mostly your efforts would otherwise be devoted to being a good wife to Marc and mommy to Ben, you are also being a co-caregiver for your dad. Ben knows when to be that "Divine Distraction" or content to play on his blanket with, among other things, an cute taggie his B is known for making and sharing with other babies also. God knew the plans for your family and he sent Ben at just the right time. There are so many people praying for all of you and blessed by having our lives made richer knowing your mom and dad and the offspring from their love. God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete