Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Mother's Funny Chaos

When I had Ben, I was a rookie to put it lightly!  I had experience with "kids"...not infants.  A week and half after my help left and Marc had returned to work, it was just the two of us.  I learned how to make a bottle with one hand while comforting a crying baby in the other.  I learned how to go without much sleep and still be ready to start all over the next day.  I learned to rock a baby to sleep singing everything from nursery rhymes to pop music.  I learned how to be a Mommy.

Fast forward 17 months......

I now am a Mommy of 2.  In just 3 weeks, I have matured my multi-tasking skills to now another level.  I am learning to feed a bottle to a almost 3 week old while chasing an almost 18 month old as he plays in his room, his sister's room, the den and the kitchen.  I am learning to pack up 2 kiddos into a double stroller and head out for a walk.  I am learning to change a very very messy newborn size diaper while talking/entertaining a toddler simultaneously.  I am learning how to stand and rock a newborn to sleep while dancing to the music from the radio/cd player in Ben's room.  I am not there yet, but I am learning with each moment!

Mommyhood is unlike any other profession on the planet!  There isn't any school/degree for it.  There isn't a internship.  The tasks that mothers are able to do day in and day out are innate.....and learned by experience.  What gets me through the fatigue and the stress?  The hugs and kisses from a little guy named Ben.  The blue eyes and tiny hands around my fingers from my little Abigail.  AND the ability to laugh in the midst of chaos! 

Here's my laugh during this evening's chaos....



While I ran to get a bottle for Abigail, Ben Kleenixed Abigail's room!  I couldn't do anything but laugh as I rounded the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment