"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be...And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." --Benjamin Button
Friday, May 18, 2012
Picky eater
I am blessed with a child who loves to play, give kisses and hugs, learn new things every second, and enjoys life like no one I have ever seen. He craves knowledge and is curious about everything. He seeks out the world and all that it offers. He would live outside if he could. He is just the most amazing fella in the world.
He is also the pickiest eater.....seriously, the pickiest! Will not try new things without a fight. Hates anything with a different texture. Despises eggs and won't even look at veggies. Is happiest with a slice of cheese and crackers and some fruit....then tomorrow won't want fruit at all.
When we started "real" food, he was anti meat.....all meat. I tried everythng. Now he will eat chicken and hamburger meat at times. Says a big no to anything spaghetti like...noodles are spit out immediately. Loves ketchup and ranch, so I have tried smothering things in that....nope, he wasnt falling for it!
Is this a phase? If so. It has lasted 6 months. The doctor isn't worried because he is of normal size and measuring super tall. But this momma is exhausted at the end if a meal.
So, parents, help? ideas? Advice?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have little advice because C is the same way. I think it's just the age. Most days, I can get her to eat yogurt, cheese, and fruit pouches. Some days, she survives solely on goldfish crackers and Cheerios. The past two days, she's been on a pancake kick. Maybe try pancakes? Good luck from the trenches...
ReplyDelete