Monday, May 21, 2012

Not a dud

Before I went on maternity leave, one of my patients gave me some cala lilly bulbs and some zinnia seeds. I thought, what an interesting gift. I came home and Marc planted them in a pot on the porch. We told Ben what they were and what they would become. We watched the soil....for weeks...and nothing happened. Ben would walk past and say "dirt!". And thats what it was....nothing but dirt.  I pretty much counted them out.....duds!  We decided to make a "green thumb" move and placed the pot out from the porch and into the back yard. We put it under a tree so it would get sun and shade. Not a week later, we see a tiny green sprouts. 

Now, just a few weeks later, we have this.....



Funny how many metephors can come from this!

Ben stops and smells the flower any chance he can.


No comments:

Post a Comment