Friday, December 21, 2012

Better

While looking through the ipad pictures with Ben this morning, we came across his first Christmas.  Just 2 years ago, he was dressed in Santa red and was 6 weeks old.  It was our very first white Christmas.  It was our very first Christmas as parents.  It was magical on every level.  It was also the last Christmas with my Dad.

As Ben looked at this picture, he couldn't understand how the baby in the picture wasn't Abby.



He named the faces but just couldn't get how he was that baby his G was holding.  I asked him, if he remembered his G. He smiled.  My heart will take this as a yes.  My tears fell and he looked at me.  I said, " that's my Daddy". He looked at me, put his hand on my chest and said "daddy". More tears fell.  I said " where is he?"  He said "sky".  I asked " why is he in heaven?"  He looked right in my eyes and said "better." Through the heart of a 2 year old.  He then did the most precious thing.  He kissed me on my nose and said "better"

Oh if he only knew how much better he really has made it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment