Marc's birthday was today. Ben and I bought birthday decorations yesterday to put up in the house. I almost passed out blowing up the balloons. We decided to go out to dinner last night .... just the 2 of us .... and then spend all day Saturday together. My mom volunteered to babysit....Marc and I could go to dinner, alone. Party of 2. No highchairs. No bibs. No kids menu. No WAY!
Reservations were made for 9 pm. We usually eat right with the kids so the latest we eat is maybe 7. It was just the 2 of us at a beautiful restaurant in Birmingham. We were Marc and Jessica vs Mommy and Daddy....even though majority of the conversation was about the amazing kiddos at home. It was so fun but at the same time, we missed our 2 side kicks! I called to check on them after we were seated. Were they asleep? Negative! Ben, Abby and D were still going strong! I said, "Is Ben asleep?" She said, "No, right now he is showing me how a snail walks". Well, alrighty! All is well at home!
Marc's birthday began this morning at around 630 am. 2 bright eyed babies woke up and were ready to go! Ben helped his Daddy open his presents.....Abby played with the wrapping paper. Lots of birthday hugs and kisses were given.
Breakfast at Chickfila
A little morning shopping at the mall
Home for lunch and naps
We headed off to dinner at one of Marc's favorite pizza places. We sat in a booth with our 2 high chairs in position. Ben sprinkles our pizza with cheese .... and then sprinkles some in his lap as well.
A Carvel icecream cake awaits Marc at home. We sing Happy Birthday and then wrap up the Birthday celebration with playtime, baths, and bedtime.
Spending any day with our kiddos is a treat....spending a special day like today is beyond wonderful!
Happy Birthday, Marc!! You are a wonderful husband, an amazing Daddy, and the leader of our family. We love you and appreciate all that you selflessly give. You work so hard so that I can stay at home with the kiddos most every day. You are a blessing and a gift!!
No comments:
Post a Comment