This afternoon was like most "normal" Tuesdays.
I head to work
Marc takes the kiddos to school then he heads to work
I leave work at 330 and get the kiddos
Ben is playing in his room with his friends. A little dirty from a day of play.
Abby is awake, fed, changed and ready to go.
The plan: Stop by a lady's house to pick up Ben's new applique Christmas shirt, drop by Target, then head home.
The plan didn't quite go as this stated.
As soon as we get to the bottom of the hill from school, Ben starts crying...then coughing. And I mean crying. Full body, full face tears flowing CRYING! I can make out, "Mommy hold", "Mommy out", "MOOOOOMMMMY" This then leads to more coughing....more crying....more coughing....etc. I drive a bit further and then pull into a shopping center. For those of you who know Ben, he doesn't fuss much. I get out, calm him down, and get back on the road. He begins again...this time louder. I get him out and carry him up to the lady's house to pick up the shirt thinking that this will help....WRONGO!! Crying continues. I immediately "X" the Target plan and we head home. Crying all the way!!
I've learned to juggle 2 kiddos....most of the time. Yes there are moments on insanity, but I've learned to somehow handle it. But a very upset, coughing 2 year old and a tired hungry almost 8 month old is a whole other story. I dig deep into my "mommy pocket" and make a plan. Put on Barney to entertain Abby, hold Ben and calm him. Get him just calm enough and then grab the bottle. I then sit on the floor and hold Ben in my lap, and prop Abby next to my leg and feed her. I then notice this stain on Ben's collar. Then see there is liquid in his ear. GREAT~! Ear infection??? I call the online nurse to see if they can call in drops. As I wait to hear back, Ben starts to get HOT! The phone rings....nurse says to give ibuprofen if he is hurting, and call Ped office in the morning. So, here we go. I take his temperature and he has a little fever. I give him Ibuprofen. Once the bottle is empty, I think, Abby is crazy mobile now....crawling EVERYWHERE! I decide to head to her room. The crib becomes her play zone, the rocker becomes Ben's calming device.
Abby was just so sweet. She played and peeked at us. She giggled and laughed. Ben rested on my chest.
Then, something amazing happened. He just rolled off my lap, stood up, took his paci out, put it on the shelf, and started talking. ...then playing.....then laughing. Ben was back!
I was shocked at how he went from sad and sleepy to happy and wide awake. I said, "Ben, are you better?" He looked at me and said, "Better". And that was it. I said, "well, praise the Lord". He said, "Lord".
Amen!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment