Today, while my babies napped, I turned on the TV to learn that the most horrible thing in the world was happening. Mommies and Daddies were learning that their world was being ripped apart and forever changed because of a selfish man's decision to take lives. My heart ached as I heard the breaking news and the details of this horrific tragedy.
My most precious babies were sleeping just down the hall from where I sat. They are calm and peaceful. They are at rest. At that moment, I was overwhelmed with saddness of this day in Conneticut. And at that same moment, I was humbly grateful that my 2 blessings were safe.
When they awoke from their nap, they were completely unaware of what had happened. They smiled and laughed and played. They held their innocence in hand and lived this day like nothing was different. I, however, looked at them with the eyes of a Mommy who just imagined the unthinkable. I saw 2 babies that mean the world to me. I saw 2 reasons I was placed on this earth. I saw 2 gifts that I will never take for granted.
Tonight, as I dressed my babies in their little pjs and laid them in their safe bed, I kissed and held each one a little longer. I thanked the Lord they are here, with me, safe, and sound. I was a Mommy who, before today, never thought I could love my babies any more....I mean how can you love someone more than infinity x infinity. But now, after today, I do. Infinity x infinity doesn't even begin to describe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment