Post 911, our security in flight was forever changed. Now, because of the recent violence, our security in basic places that we spend our day has been changed as well. Movie theater, mall, and now school....all forever changed.
After work today, I stopped by the mall with the kids to do a little shopping. It is a Tuesday, during the busiest time of the year, at 430 in the afternoon. Was I thinking about my shopping list? Sure. Was I thinking about when one or both of my kids would need something? Absolutely. Was my head also filled with thoughts of violence happening at the mall? Unfortunately, yes. As I entered the mall, I subconsciously surveyed my surroundings. As I walked down the busy streets of the mall, I see not 1 but 3 policemen. They weren't the "mall cops" that are usually there. They were armed Hoover Police Officers.
As I shopped and then headed to the car, I found myself angry. I live in the the US freaking A. The country that all other countries wish they could be. The country that has helped so many other countries obtain freedom and win over terrorist leaders. The country that has stood at the top of the world as a leader and a powerhouse nation. And now, I am afraid to go to the mall.
Something needs to be done. The government worries about terrorism. But is sounds like we have a whole new kind of terrorism right here .... right in our schools, right in our mall, and right in our neighborhood.
I pray that our leaders will figure this out....figure out how to protect our youngest to our oldest. I pray that the leaders will remember WHO has lead this country from day 1. I pray that changes are made and our freedom is returned. I pray that our most blessed country not become a place where fear is a way of life. I pray that God blesses America once again!
God Bless America
Words and music by Irving Berlin
© Copyright 1938, 1939 by Irving Berlin
© Copyright Renewed 1965, 1966 by Irving Berlin
© Copyright Assigned to the Trustees of the God Bless America Fund
International Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved.
Used by Permission
© Copyright 1938, 1939 by Irving Berlin
© Copyright Renewed 1965, 1966 by Irving Berlin
© Copyright Assigned to the Trustees of the God Bless America Fund
International Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved.
Used by Permission
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "
God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.
No comments:
Post a Comment