Friday, July 22, 2011

My Dad....in pictures

Memories have been what we have loved and at times hated over the last few weeks.  It is such an oddity.....at the same time you crave to remember the moments and times of before, you break when you realize that they are "of before".  The memories ..... all the memories that I have of the 6 weeks before are now filtered from the painful to the sweet.  I find it hard to remember the painful parts of the 42 days....I am finding my thoughts going toward the most precious parts.  The ones that make me smile.  The ones that do bring tears, but not of pain....of love.  The memories go as far back as my brain will work.  31 years of memories.....all wonderful.....all priceless.  I see 1000 things a day that make me remember him.....so 1000 times a day or more I think of him. I think of him, and I smile.  Tears may fall with that smile.....but the memories aren't something that break me.....they are what help me remember.....help me keep him close.
For those of you who know me, you know how much I loved my Dad.  You know how much he meant to me.  You know how much I cherished him.  I decided to take the job of gathering the pictures for the funeral.  So, I went in my house and my mom's house and gathered the many pictures that showed what an amazing man he was and how much he loved his family.  It was by reflex alone that I was able to gather them all together.  I couldn't have imagined being able to stand up there at the funeral as "the daughter".  But what I realized immediately is that I was given the honor of standing up there as HIS daughter.  What an honor!
So, this blog is about pictures.  Pictures of me and my Dad.  Pictures of Ben and his G.  Pictures of this most wonderful man and his family....the family that loves him more than words can say!

 


































No comments:

Post a Comment