Well, add a baby to the mix and cooking has become even less common at the Rosner household. When Ben was tiny, I could cook while he slept. When he grew up a bit, I could put him in the Bouncer or Bumbo or swing. Well, now that Mr Ben is crawling and pulling up on everything, I have had to do some planning and rearranging. Long ago are the days where I could put him under his playmat and he would kick and bat at the lights and toys. Long ago are the days where he was in one spot. Now, if I put him on the floor, he is across the room in no time.
So, the way I "cook" now is with my "sous chef" looking on from the pack 'n play. He plays and giggles while I cook. He pulls up and peers over the top of the pack 'n play to watch his mommy.
When they say that everything changes when you have a baby, that is the understatement of a lifetime. But what amazing changes there are. I get to do everything with my little guy.....and I think that is just the most wonderful thing. One day, he won't be in the pack 'n play.....he will be able to help me in the kitchen......and maybe even teach me a thing or two!!
No comments:
Post a Comment