Today was a tough day for our family. This morning my Dad just wasn't acting the same as yesterday. He has been sleeping most all days, but had moments where he would wake up and look at us. He would nod in agreement and reach for our hands
We have come to accept that there will be changes to expect....but we still are surprised when those changes actually occur. His breathing changed. Then he had a small seizure. Then he went 40 minutes with start/stop breathing. It was so scary. It was out of no where. The hospice nurse arrived at the end of the 40 minutes and said that unfortunately, this was part of the process. How do you hear words with your ears and at the same time feel them in your heart? So, we are in a new phase with my sweet Dad. He is sleeping. He is surrounded by more love than one can imagine. He is still my Dad. He is still the most wonderful man I have ever known. And we will continue to surround him. We will continue to tell him about Ben and all that he is doing. We will continue to hold his hand and tell him we love him. We will do all of these things because our hearts are leading us.....not our ears!
I read this with big tears in my eyes. I know you are so heartbroken right now. I know that only God can comfort you and your family during this time. Know that you are in our prayers!!
ReplyDelete