Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One Week

One week.....that seems like a small amount of time, but to me, it seems like an eternity.  Today, just one week ago today, I lost my Dad.  A day that I began like every other day....packing up Ben and heading to Trussville.  But what I didn't know, was that it was the day my Dad was called Home.  I know in my head that he is healthy again.  That he is with my grandparents...his parents.  I know that he is with the One who I know is the only one who loved him more than me.  I know all of this in my head, but miss him so much in my heart. 
There are still moments when I can barely breath.  Moments where my heart feels so heavy that only holding my chest makes it better.  I went back to work today.  It was a good day...with great people.  But there were so many moments when I thought of him.  I held the tears in all day.....but once I got to my car, they fell.  I miss him.  I miss his voice.  I miss calling on my way home from work and him answering the phone.  I miss the security of knowing that he would be there waiting on my call.  I miss all of this and so much more.
One week.....also during this week, I have seen the miracle of Ben.  He has changed more in this week that in the many weeks before.  He is crawling....fast!  He is pulling to stand on...well, everything.  He is blowing kisses.  He is waving hello and goodbye.  In one week, he has made such amazing changes.  He continues to be our divine distraction.  So, as hard as this week has been, we are continuing to be abundantly blessed.  We are continuing to see how God is working in our lives.  We are continuing to see how many lives were touched by my Dad's life.  We are continuing to grieve but we are also continuing to live the lives that we know my Dad would have wanted us to live.  We are continuing.....one week at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and your family and praying for strength during this difficult time for ya'll. You are such a great writer.. I loved reading your blog. My heart was touched today and I can only imagine your pain. Hang in there and know that your dad is looking down on you smiling at what an awesome daughter you have become. I know there will be hard times and I hope you will feel comfort in all the special memories you have. Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete